Intallation Lopi Revere Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dlastt

Sep 15, 2008
Southern, ME
This last weekend I put in my flue liner and set my stove in place. I've looked in the documentation and don't see anything, should there be a flue collar that protrudes from the stove, or does the pipe from the flue go directly into the stove. It does not seem like a tight fit and there does not seem to be a way to secure it.

Hi,
Some of the Lopi inserts do not have a collar that rises, just a hole in the top, but in the package somewhere, there are a few little angle brackets that you'll secure to the stove and then secure to the flex/liner to keep it from pulling out when you sweep. I can't remember if your stove has a bypass in the flue collar, if so, just notch your connector to fit over the rod and drop it in.

That what those pieces were for. It does have the bypass and notice it did hit on it. I'll give that a try. Thanks for the information.

O.K. so I made a notch in the pipe and it fits better. Now I don't see anywhere to attach the brackets. Also am I suppose to seal around the pipe? If so with what. I've attached some pictures. Appreciate any responses.....

Attachments

• brackets.jpg
    brackets.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 480
  • flue1.jpg
    flue1.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 518
OK, you'll use some self-drilling screws or drill some holes and use sheet metal screws to attach the brackets to the stove AND pipe. You should not need to use any sealant around the pipe, if your chimney is operating properly, it shouldn't smoke out at all. However, if the fit is abnormally loose, you may push some gasket in around the pipe, just so that when you sweep the chimney liner, it doesn't puff ash out from around the connection, and I only suggest this for an insert, because you can't as easily just vacuum it up. Lookin good!

Hope you are going to paint that stove connector.Looks good :lol:

The notches did it, and once I could push it in all the way, it felt tight. No need to put a gasket. Just got back from my daughters soccer game and it's cold, looks like I got this set up just in time.

P.S. I put a coat of paint on the connecter pipe, looks better especially since the wife doesn't want me to put the panels around it.

Attachments

• lopi 001.jpg
    lopi 001.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 3,005
Status
Not open for further replies.