Interesting Ad for Firewood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

boatboy63

Feb 6, 2010
Northeastern TN
We have had a cold snap the past couple of days so the ads on my facebook local yardsale sites for firewood have picked up. Here is 1 I just saw:

FIREWOOD FOR SALE.....$60 dollars a load ..can be delievered call (xxx) xxx-xxxx (actual phone number instead of x's).

This all sounds fine until he had his first reply. Basically, the guy asked if a load is closer to a rick or a cord. He replied back and said $60 for a rick and $250 for a cord. I couldn't help but to chuckle. I looked at the guy's profile and he appears to be a high school student with a pickup. All I can figure is that it must be the new math they are teaching now.

Reactions: BigCountryNY
Yeah its funny how all the firewood guys make mathematical errors in their favor!

Reactions: leaf4952
Just order 3 ricks!

My thoughts exactly. And the seller can't argue with it either as he's advertising it for $60/rick. I'd probably even order 4 ricks and come out ahead of his one cord for $250.

Status
Not open for further replies.