Interesting Ax/Maul Comparison

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Hasufel

Feeling the Heat
Nov 8, 2015
Northern Virginia
This video popped up on my recommended viewing list and I was wondering what others thought: The Craziest Axe Ever Made! It starts a little slow but the guy is rather entertaining and his enthusiasm is infectious. I was really admiring the two tools until I saw them in action. The guy was splitting doug fir and it seemed like it took a lot more effort than I would have expected. I can't help but think that my Fiskars combo (X27 + IsoCore maul) would have been better. Anyone here have experience with the tools in the video, and can you say how they compare to Fiskars?

The guy was splitting doug fir and it seemed like it took a lot more effort than I would have expected.

The real funny thing is that he has a hydraulic splitter, I seen him use it in his other videos.:cool:

He does a lot of product reviews....

He does a lot of product reviews....

I quit watching him because of that. Almost seemed like he sold out for a free axe. He had some good content 3 or so years ago, now its all just clickbait and reviews.

I do watch logger wade and he had the same splitter a few days prior to wranglershmuck's post. Wade did not show using it, he just picked it from his neighbor.

The chopper looks a little gimmicky and awkward. I would like to see a realworld demonstration on some hickory or elm. My 8yr old could split fir and ash with a kitchen spoon:p

I quit watching him because of that. Almost seemed like he sold out for a free axe. He had some good content 3 or so years ago, now its all just clickbait and reviews.

I do watch logger wade and he had the same splitter a few days prior to wranglershmuck's post. Wade did not show using it, he just picked it from his neighbor.

The chopper looks a little gimmicky and awkward. I would like to see a realworld demonstration on some hickory or elm. My 8yr old could split fir and ash with a kitchen spoon:p
I have had the displeasure of trying the Flopper I borrowed from a friend to try out....it is indeed a joke.If all you do is split small wood it works ok....but does not fit into my world.

There is not much that grows here that i cant split with a 8lb maul. If it wasnt for tennis elbow showing up this year i would still be splitting all my wood by hand. Now i have to borrow dads hydraulic splitter and seems slow but sure is easy on the wrists and shoulders.

There is not much that grows here that i cant split with a 8lb maul. If it wasnt for tennis elbow showing up this year i would still be splitting all my wood by hand. Now i have to borrow dads hydraulic splitter and seems slow but sure is easy on the wrists and shoulders.
My hydraulic splitter has been a blessing to this old wore out body of mine!

My hydraulic splitter has been a blessing to this old wore out body of mine

I have a hydraulic splitter so I won't get a "old wore out body".
Which Allwood splitter do you have?

It is the Oak Series.
IMG_1006.PNG