interesting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

zrock

Minister of Fire
Dec 2, 2017
bc
Never thought a exhaust fan would make such a difference in heat output.. Had to change my exhaust fan yesterday since it seized solid on me sad since it was only a year old. Popped in the new one and man shat a difference its much quieter than the old one ever was, and the heat output is much higher than the previous.. I was not expecting a difference in heat output and my only theory to it is teh old fan was running way to fast pulling more heat out of the stove than it should have been.
Now hopefully this one lasts longer than a year, i would send it back from warranty but last time i tried to get warranty from this well known supplier they told me it was a wear and tear item. Guess burn pots were not designed to last more than 3 months..LOL

What make/model pellet stove?

must be my luck room blower quit this morning...LOL... Glad i planned ahead this year and had a new one sitting here.. TO bad it is not as quiet as the old one. Sounds like a big blower, but on the positive site it moves much more air than the old one so who knows how long the old one was going bad before it seized up.. Pretty sure this one was the original in this unit..

Well this was a expensive season for the old girl. New exhaust blower, new room blower, new control board, and 2 new snap disks.. Do not think their is anything left to fail...LOL
Still cheaper than new and still cheaper than what people are asking for their 10 and 20 year old stoves. For some reason this year people are asking over $2200 for stoves that are up to 20 years old, not sure why they think they are worth so much if im going to spend that much id buy new for a few $$ more and have a warranty. Always have my eye open for a good used one for a back up