Intrepid 1 Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

monstrum

May 6, 2015
UK
Hi,
Ive just purchased a refurbished Intrepid 1 picture shown.
The stove is in fantastic condition and has had a full refurb done on it, all new seals and glass and new respray.

But Ive just found out that we can't burn wood, as we are in a smoke control zone, so need to burn smokeless fuel.

Can you burn smokeless fuel in the intrepid 1.

Thanks
stove.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a good looking stove! I'm not sure about smokeless fuel. I've seen these canisters that you can burn in the stove. Don't think they really give off that much heat.

What do you mean by smokeless fuel? I think it would burn highly compressed bricks or logs if that is the question. If yes then I can recommend BioBricks, Eco blocks, Northern Idaho Energy Logs and Homefire Prest-Logs. Don't overload the stove with these products. They pack a good punch.

Edit: I see you are in UK. It looks like you have several choices but most here will not be able to comment on their quality or appropriateness for this stove. Does it have a shaker grate? Let us know if you find a good UK fuels review forum or posting. Here is a reference site for starters.
http://smokecontrol.defra.gov.uk/fuels.php?country=e

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.