Introduction and thanks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been to their shop myself was married in Windham on Corbits pond some 34 years ago !I have a Bixby and am waiting on my new Harman install is next friday all my buds have Harman XXVs or P68s and LOVE them ! I did buy MWP super premiums this year and that will NOT happen again

Ah another Harman lover. Love my XXV. Easy to maintain. Thorough cleaning once a week.

It is so nice to hear all the local guys. I am in Pelham NH and have recently joined the pellet stove owners club. So far I am lovin it. I also purchased at the Stove Shoppe about 4 weeks ago and can agree that they are a great bunch. I did my install myself with some guidance from the Shoppe and it went great. I have a service guy coming out Friday to do a final inspection just to make sure everything is set up correctly and to set the damper slide. I will buy the proper guage some day, but since they are coming anyway I will have them do it. I bought 3 tons of pellets from HD (Northern American). Stacking sucked, but it is much better than cutting, splitting and stacking..lol. I will buy some of the other brands mentioned in this tread and do some comparison, so thanks to the locals for the "where to buy" info. I also would like to thank all the posters here for the great information, I have learned so much in the past few weeks ( I almost dont feel like a noob any more). This weekend I am going to pull the vent pipe and check the ash in the tee. I noticed that the cap is covered in ash and that may be a sign ( I really have no idea, but will check anyway).

Mike, when we bought our P43 we thought we might like some of the trim pieces for it, but once we installed it, the wife and I both realized that we really like the look of the stove without any trim. I think the P61A looks very similar to the P43.

Thanks Steve, this is good to know. The P43 and P61a looked very similar to me in the shop too. We both liked the look of the XXV as well...really nice design and it was hard to not spring for that for the looks alone, but we stuck with our initial decision.

Welcome !! Nice choice in stoves. There is a rule here without pic's it never happened & Smoke show will back me up on that one.

Happy Burning

Yesterday was Installation Day. Posted a pic as well. Our first impressions after our first day and night with this in the livingroom is that we should have done this 10 years ago. It was 18 out last night. Our first floor stayed at 71 all night and our second floor stayed at 68 - all without the furnace coming on. The basement wood stove never provided that much heat. Everything seems to be running fine. Only thing we noticed was that the auger motor makes a buzzing sound when it runs. I brought it into the dealer today and we tested it against a few others, but they all sound the same. I read another thread on here today that where someone had added high temp lithium grease to the gearbox of the motor and that fixed the issue, so I'll give that a try at some point. Other than that, everything's great and the house is toasty. Hope you all had a nice Christmas and have a happy new year.

Mike stove.JPG

That is a thing of beauty. Well Done my friend:cool:! Now you are hooked that's what we do here ;) Welcome again.

Yesterday was Installation Day. Posted a pic as well. Our first impressions after our first day and night with this in the livingroom is that we should have done this 10 years ago. It was 18 out last night. Our first floor stayed at 71 all night and our second floor stayed at 68 - all without the furnace coming on. The basement wood stove never provided that much heat. Everything seems to be running fine. Only thing we noticed was that the auger motor makes a buzzing sound when it runs. I brought it into the dealer today and we tested it against a few others, but they all sound the same. I read another thread on here today that where someone had added high temp lithium grease to the gearbox of the motor and that fixed the issue, so I'll give that a try at some point. Other than that, everything's great and the house is toasty. Hope you all had a nice Christmas and have a happy new year.

MikeView attachment 86731
that is a very nice looking setup. do you have a surge protector on that beauty?

Welcome and nice looking stove/install.
Our P61 has been doing a great job you will love yours!
Your house temps upstairs/downstairs sound perfect.

Enjoy!
Mike (Yes another Mike!)

Yea room temp is real good. My stove does not have auto ignite so I am running in what would be room temp manual on your stove.

I am able to regulate temp through the whole house to within degree accuracy.

Great choice in stoves the P61 is the best stove ive ever had.

My wife is VERY excited about 1) having a heat source right there in the livingroom, 2) not having to deal with the woodstove when I'm not home, 3) having a heat source right there in the livingroom and 4) see 1 and 3.

Mike - don't let your wife tell you she can't handle the bags to fill the hopper. She can do what I do: bail them into the hopper with a quart sized cup! :)

Mike - don't let your wife tell you she can't handle the bags to fill the hopper. She can do what I do: bail them into the hopper with a quart sized cup!

LOL... she does have a bad back, but she was right there insisting on helping me move the stash into the basement. She was too happy to care.

Status
Not open for further replies.