invested in magnum stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i live in a modular type home,gotta love the truck em in houses! but ive had very good luck burning somersets and have also tried lignetics too,i have gotten some klinkers with the somersets but ive been burning my stove 24 hrs a day. i had purchased a "demo" model stove(or so i thought) and the stove had a laundrey list of issues so i returned it to the dealer and got a brand new stove last friday,installed it saturday morning and have been enjoying good cheap heat ever since with no issues at all. the stove i got now(same model) burns awesome! my ol'lady was complaning because i had it way too hot in our house! i put a magnetic thermomiter on the front side of the stove and have been averaging around 550 degrees on level three, at one point in time on level foru the stove actually reached 600 degrees,for a 35,000 btu stove i was very imperssed and have fallen in love with it very quickly! hope you got your stove installed and look forward to seeing a pic of another countryside burning!

Well its in and its doing every thing I had hoped. I hooked it up to a thermostat and set the stat on 74 down in my basement and it has sent enough heat up into my living room area to push that thermostat to 70 degrees and I usually keep that one on 66 degrees and put on more clothing if I get chilled.Well we don't have to do that anymore because the baby is doing its job. Ive only burnt 2 bags through it,one cubex and okanagons...don't know if that is how you spell it...lol,but it seems to like both the softwood and hardwood so I'm very please with that. I think this will be a very happy relationship between the stove and myself. I will put the extra work into cleaning and pouring pellets instead of paying the freaking crazy oil prices. Will try Maine's choice pellets next to see how it likes those. If the heat is any where's as good then I might just burn those because of price but if the maintenance is much higher and performance suffers I will flip for the higher grade. I will get a picture on here at some point. Gonna try a 4" fresh air line to see if it works better then the 3" line. Not much adjustment in the butterfly vent right now but is still doing a awesome job.Just think I might be able to fine tune it better with more fresh air....I'm a tinkerer so I will be playing for a while with it just so I get to know it inside out.

Status
Not open for further replies.