Invincible T questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Hi folks, long time lurker, first time commenter. I own an old Harman Invincible T of unknown year. I got the stove ages ago for basically scrap value since it didn't run. A few odds and ends later, and it has been a loyal burner for the last 5 years. We recently had a power surge, which nuked everything in my house not on a surge protector, which included the old out of production control board. I have tested each motor ( all newer ) with an extension cord and they all lived through the experience. I tried getting a hold of Brunner's? to get the board repaired, but no answer yet. My plan thus far has been to use a newer control board, I found a comprehensive kit with new board, mounting box, dials, harness, ESP ect, ect for a decent enough price. I am a mechanic, so I am confident i can get the board running the stove. The only hiccup is the manual feed control knob, it is directly in the way of where the new board will live ( duh ) and since the new board has electrical controlled feed rate, I was wondering what I should do with the old feed mechanism? Option one is dial it all the way out, cut the rod short and let the electrical control do it's work. Option 2 is remove the manual feeder all together, but I have not been in there before and I am not sure if it can be ( and work properly ). Hence I am here, hoping to glean any insight from those wiser than I.

Thanks for your time and any help

Nick

Reactions: Nicholas Fischer
Sounds perfect and a huge relief. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Reactions: Mt Bob
Hi folks, long time lurker, first time commenter. I own an old Harman Invincible T of unknown year. I got the stove ages ago for basically scrap value since it didn't run. A few odds and ends later, and it has been a loyal burner for the last 5 years. We recently had a power surge, which nuked everything in my house not on a surge protector, which included the old out of production control board. I have tested each motor ( all newer ) with an extension cord and they all lived through the experience. I tried getting a hold of Brunner's? to get the board repaired, but no answer yet. My plan thus far has been to use a newer control board, I found a comprehensive kit with new board, mounting box, dials, harness, ESP ect, ect for a decent enough price. I am a mechanic, so I am confident i can get the board running the stove. The only hiccup is the manual feed control knob, it is directly in the way of where the new board will live ( duh ) and since the new board has electrical controlled feed rate, I was wondering what I should do with the old feed mechanism? Option one is dial it all the way out, cut the rod short and let the electrical control do it's work. Option 2 is remove the manual feeder all together, but I have not been in there before and I am not sure if it can be ( and work properly ). Hence I am here, hoping to glean any insight from those wiser than I.

Thanks for your time and any help

Nick
Hi Nick, I also have an old Invincible T. Other than replacing the ESP when I first got it, and having the board repaired by Brunners a few years ago it has been a reliable workhorse for about 10 years now. Since Brunners seems to have gone out of business I’ve been concerned about what I’ll do if the board goes bad. Can you give me some info on the kit you mentioned? Where did you find it, cost, etc? Thanks.

Reactions: Mt Bob