Is Heatilator and the Eco Choice line dead?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Amin1992

Feeling the Heat
Oct 9, 2019
PA, USA
Hey guys. Curious on this. I own a 2017 Heatilator Eco-Choice wood stove - Heatilator is a sub-brand under Quadra Fire, a more economy line.

Anyway, brother looking to get one of their pellet or wood stoves next year and doing some googling, I can't get to their site or catalog anymore. Any link on Google just redirects to QuadraFire automatically - no reference to Heatilator anywhere.

I wonder if their line wasnt up to the new standard?

Anyone know?

Hey guys. Curious on this. I own a 2017 Heatilator Eco-Choice wood stove - Heatilator is a sub-brand under Quadra Fire, a more economy line.

Anyway, brother looking to get one of their pellet or wood stoves next year and doing some googling, I can't get to their site or catalog anymore. Any link on Google just redirects to QuadraFire automatically - no reference to Heatilator anywhere.

I wonder if their line wasnt up to the new standard?

Anyone know?

I also have a 2017 Eco-choice. A WS18 to be exact. I love the stove! Works so well.
I also noticed that Heatilator eco choice has been wiped from the internet. Many of the parts are interchangeable with the Quads. The company probably just made a decision to pare down to a single product line and discontinue the budget line. My guess. The equivalent models in the Quad line are 2020 compliant and dont look like they changed much at all. The Quads have a better fit and finish but I didnt want any of their gadgetry so I went with the eco-choice. It's just a camp stove.

I also have a 2017 Eco-choice. A WS18 to be exact. I love the stove! Works so well.
I also noticed that Heatilator eco choice has been wiped from the internet. Many of the parts are interchangeable with the Quads. The company probably just made a decision to pare down to a single product line and discontinue the budget line. My guess. The equivalent models in the Quad line are 2020 compliant and dont look like they changed much at all. The Quads have a better fit and finish but I didnt want any of their gadgetry so I went with the eco-choice. It's just a camp stove.

Nice! I have an insert, the WINS18 and love it. So simple which is exactly what I wanted. Ya I suppose they just integrated it into their Quadra line. Kind of a bummer.

It is a shame to discontinue such a good performing stove. The air control is fantastic. I can make it rage or nearly snuff it out almost as fast as I turn the lever. Heat output is unbelievable due to it's high efficiency. I am very happy with my decision. Your brother can always go for a quad if budget allows.