is it a goner?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iron

Minister of Fire
Sep 23, 2015
southeast kootenays
noticed a week or two ago that i had a leaning stack. extra leaning to be more accurate. it seems to have toppled into the adjacent stack and has caused it to lean pretty good. the 3rd stack and a perpendicular stack seem to have braced things for now.

i'm bummed since this stack is my first pile of hardwood (birch, mainly)

anyone want to place bets on when it topples? i doubt we'll have snow this winter, but...

IMG_7497.JPG
IMG_7498.JPG
IMG_7499.JPG
IMG_7500.JPG

It's a goner. It's all coming down. Lots of restacking in the future.

At least you know it is below 30% mc.

Smiley thingy.

You definitely have some restacking ahead.

Forget the Needle . . . it's time to visit the Leaning Woodpile of "North of Seattle."

When i started my first stacks last year someone here gave me the advice to put a few branches tieing one pile to the next as you stack. Looks like u can use that in the future. It really ties the whole thing up strong like one solid unit

HEY!!! Quit posting pics of my wood stacks. How'd you sneak into my backyard?

fv

When i started my first stacks last year someone here gave me the advice to put a few branches tieing one pile to the next as you stack. Looks like u can use that in the future. It really ties the whole thing up strong like one solid unit

Might have been me. I always end up with logs that I didn't quite get around to cutting at the wood lot and 2 to 3 inch stems that are a pain to cut. I set them aside and insert them in the piles about every 2'. It really helps maintain the gap between the wood.

Pull it apart and restack it before you get 3x as much work to do

get some T posts and a ratchet strap and bring it back to life!

Status
Not open for further replies.