Is my wood ruined or does it need more drying? Some punky?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I'm sorry you feel that way.

This site is about giving correct information. ("Never" minor)

I know of zero major cases personally, and know 5 minor cases - but that is of no value as it is anecdotal to you rather than experiential as it is to me. That is why I searched for commonly accessible record.

I completely agree that chainsaws can and do give serious injuries.
They, however, also give (and I actually think - but have no proof) more minor injuries that never require a hospital visit. That is all I wanted to point out.

Last edited:
You've known me virtually for a while now on this site I'm disappointed that you think I'm giving non factual information and need to point it out the purpose of this site to me. I was clearly speaking from experience, as were you, and a 2 page thread hardly supports anyone's opinion.

I'm choosing to not engage further on the topic, the thread has been hijacked enough. Back to wood discussion.

Edit - you've edited your post to be much less confrontational so I will do the same here at the bottom. We can agree to move on. 🫡

Last edited:
Saw stop goning strong, insurance co . jumped on the bandwagon. I have one customer that replaced 5 delta uni saws with saw stop units ( which are no where near the quality of the uni saw). but it made a big change in their ins policy.

Reactions: Ashful