Is there a mounted fan/blower that will mount on Progress Hybrid?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Nimrod1911

Nov 13, 2012
Is there a fan/blower that will mount on a Woodstock Progress Hybrid stove? And, if so, will it help disperse the heat?

I was going to try a fan behind my stove, there' s a space in the fireplace to set one, maybe have the same effect as a blower.

I've heard of some owners using the EcoFan. It sits on top of the stove and works off of the heat generated by the stove. We haven't ever used a fan for disburse heat from our PH.....

I had an EcoFan on my Hearthstone. I loved it. Didn't blow any air but I sure could tell how the stove was doing from a distance. The faster the spin, the hotter the stove. Somehow in the move to Vt it went missing. As far as moving air on occasion I just aim a box fan at the PH with the air glancing the stove from the side.