Is there gas inserts suitable for masonry fireplace?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dmitry

Minister of Fire
Oct 4, 2014
CT
My kids just finished remodeling and fireplace was done with wood insert in mind . It's huge masonry opening with mantel, big hearth etc. Now i think it's going to be too much work for them. Can I put gas insert in there? I looked online and what I see is inserts that have to be framed. Do I have any options with gas for my masonry fireplace?

Go to your nearest hearth shop with pictures & dimensions
& he'll show you what your options are.
Bottom line is that Gas Fireplace Inserts are meant for
masonry construction.

My kids just finished remodeling and fireplace was done with wood insert in mind . It's huge masonry opening with mantel, big hearth etc. Now i think it's going to be too much work for them. Can I put gas insert in there? I looked online and what I see is inserts that have to be framed. Do I have any options with gas for my masonry fireplace?
Pretty much any insert is meant for a masonry fireplace. Ones that need framed in are fireplaces not inserts