Is there such thing as a good pellet stove under $1500 bucks?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hearthen

Jan 17, 2014
Peterborough, NH
Hi everyone.

"Good" pellet stoves seem to run in the $2000-$3000. I don't need much heat. Is it possible to get one for $1500 bucks that's not maintenance nightmare?

Thanks,
-Owen

Hi everyone.

"Good" pellet stoves seem to run in the $2000-$3000. I don't need much heat. Is it possible to get one for $1500 bucks that's not maintenance nightmare?

Thanks,
-Owen
Not really. Most pellet stoves are not intended to heat a small area, they are meant to be the primary heat source in a home. Granted they have variable heat output, but just like when you idle your car for a long period of time, a stove that runs on low for a long period of time runs dirty. If your trying to heat an area smaller then 700sq ft i may think of an alternative source.

you can get an Englander brand stove for around that price......great stoves with a very good track record here

Hi everyone.

Thanks,
-Owen
If I only had $1500 and didn`t need a lot of heat I`d really have to consider an Englander 25 PDVC. $1500 would buy me a (like new) reconditioned one with enough pellets to last me a yr or more. Maybe even a brand new one and enough money still left over for a ton or 2 of pellets.
Plus the best over the phone service for life.
Any other stove is gonna get dirty ,produces ashes, and require maintenance anyway so whats a few extra minutes between brands or models ?

Check out AM FM Energy. They sell refurbed Englander stoves. Good source for less expensive stoves in the price range you are looking for.

Hi everyone.

Thanks,
-Owen
If your handy at fixing things the. You should he able to find some thing in that price range. I bought a used stove and had nothing but problems with it that even the tech was guessing. By the time I was done with the $150 service calls and parts After a year and a half I had enough.I would be better off getting my new stove in the first place.So my new stove I did lots if research.Knock on wood loving my harman p35i. What ever you decide look at the long run if you are able to do you own wrk and the kind of up keep the brand of stove you choose.

I went used with several stoves but all were from a good manufacture or with good local support. The Harman p series are easy to work on and most problems can be solved with some help here. Harman P series are very quick and easy to clean which I put high in a stoves requirements. On board room temperature regulation is another plus.

Craigslist in the late spring and summer, Just be careful as to what you look at....

Hi everyone.

Thanks,
-Owen

If you don't need much heat, can you just buy an electric heater from Home Depot? Most people use these stoves to heat a sizable area to cut down on cost. You can probably find a used one for that amount somewhere.

Craigs has stoves from free to $1000's

Status
Not open for further replies.