is this a fair price for ht pipe?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tlhfirelion

Feeling the Heat
Aug 6, 2007
I have checked 3 places within 100 mile sof me and this was the least epensive. They all carry metal fab.

1) wall support - 53.14
2) tee - 105.98
3) cap - 49.98
4) collar - 8.75
5) 1 - 6X12 - 43.27
6) adapter??? - 28.86
7) 3 - 6X36 - 269.07
8) wall band - 15.56
9) fire stop - 7.28
10) pcp (he says it is the flashing) - 17.53.

total with tax 650.22

They were $400 less than the closest competition. I would like to jump on this quick if the vets and mods in here feel this is fair. Considering the other bids, as long as it is actual metal fab and not used or anything (which he assured me it is new) I will buy it asap if you feel I should.

Thanks for everyones help.

I maybe confused but I thought Metal-Fab had two different lines of HT pipe. One had a stainless exterior and the other had a galvanized exterior. Not sure it would matter much either way.

I purchased my HT pipe from Lowes, and my double wall from a local stove shop.

aussieblake

aussieblake said:
I maybe confused but I thought Metal-Fab had two different lines of HT pipe. One had a stainless exterior and the other had a galvanized exterior. Not sure it would matter much either way.

I purchased my HT pipe from Lowes, and my double wall from a local stove shop.

aussieblake

I looked at that option but my options here are different brands so I would have to mix brands and everything I read says thats not possible/good idea. This is the galvanized except for the portion of the ht pipe that exits the top of the chase and that is stainless.

Status
Not open for further replies.