Is this a good deal US stove 5500M

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw that Walmart is selling the US stove 5500M

http://www.walmart.com/ip/US-Stove-King-Pellet-Burner-with-Igniter/19590168

Seems cheaper than a lot of places. I have been using 2 wood stoves, Hearthstone Craftsbury and a VC Aspen.
Thinking about trying pellets, and selling one of the wood burners. Is the the US stove crap?
$1,699.00 sounds awfully expensive for a US stove.
I bought a brand new Harman P38 4 years ago..for 1950...and harmans are considered by many to be the best choice and I can't disagree.

I have a 5502m and am satisfied with it. It's an upgraded version of the 5500M. Tractor supply has them right now for $999. Given this information, it would appear Walmart's price in NO deal.

If you get a 5502M, I find it works best when the draft fan is set to 1, regardless of heat setting.

Another thing to consider, If you would rather finance it, apply for a TSC card. They have a special right now, no interest for 18 months I believe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.