Is this a modified fisher or early handles?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dan57

Nov 8, 2020
1659058370346.png

That fabricator made that type handle. You will find them on a lot of stoves from there. It came from Fenske Welding Rt 3. Hwy 71 Bemidji, Minnesota 56601.

When the Fishers sent out the drawings to build stoves you could buy air dampers from them along with other hardware or buy your own locally, or make your own.

1659058570041.png
That fabricator made that type handle. You will find them on a lot of stoves from there. It came from Fenske Welding Rt 3. Hwy 71 Bemidji, Minnesota 56601.

When the Fishers sent out the drawings to build stoves you could buy air dampers from them along with other hardware or buy your own locally, or make your own.
Thank you sir. I was not sure if it was unique enough to get it.

I should say I believe it came from Fenske, but the very first licensee in that state was Roy Smith and Loren Trachsel, from Minneapolis. They were not welders themselves. They hired fabricators to do their work unlike most license holders that made their own stoves. Since stoves move around a bit or people took them with them when they moved, you never know. Those two became Self Suffiency and later Sierra Stove.

That is a early 76 Grandpa and not many were built with the 3 piece top. Fabricators had already gone to the bent tops for the single door narrow stoves and not all had a brake wide enough for the newly added wide double door Grandpa.

Reactions: clancey
Did you get it? Did the seller mention they were original owners and where they got it from?

Reactions: clancey