Is this enough clearance?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackcat

Feb 1, 2011
NW NJ
After I had a new company do our chimney cleaning this October, the owner said when he removed the cover to get to the pipes, that they weren't connected correctly. Took him 2 trips to fix this. When they were done, they had removed a section of the pipe that comes from the oval to round adapter and moved the stove closer to the brick hearth. It did sit too close to the wood floor, IMO. Our previous chimney guy never mentioned this or suggested to do this. Does this look right?
Had to get Leela in the shot;) Stove is a VC Viligant....still going strong:)
photo.JPG

Hmm... From my research you need 36" or a fire wall with an air space... Me? I burn in my shop, my stove sits on two cinder blocks, and a concrete floor underneath....

My bonehead looks similar, he's a boxter mastiff mix...

Status
Not open for further replies.