is this good chimney liner pipe???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gsxr1216

Sep 2, 2006
getting ready to install a newer fireplace insert in my fireplace, the new one uses 6" VS the 8" of my current one.

anyway i did a little surfing on EBAY and found what looks to be like a good deal on 25' of pipe but me being the skeptic when it comes to good prices figured i would make sure this is indeed good pipe at a good deal

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...00031118775&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

anyway i was figuring on running a small section of ventinox ovalized SS flexible stove pipe to get up through my damper then have a round to oval adpater to fit the 25' of pipe shown in the link above to run to the top of my chimney.

would this be a good setup and legal??

thanks!

I don't know about the legality of the setup, but the liner kit in the picture is the same TCE kit I bought from a different eBay seller and got a good 316ti kit with Warnack Hersey certification included. Has to be the same one because TCE holds the patent on the cap connector and the tee connector method. I bought mine from these guys and highly recommend them. They will send an insert adapter instead of a tee if you want.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260034834318

Here is the manufacturer's web site.

http://www.tce.ca/

On my installation in the fireplace I just cut out the damper frame with a hacksaw and went round all the way up. If you go to sell the house and want it to be a fireplace again just pull the liner and put a top mount damper on the chimney for a hundred bucks.

thanks for the info, i would have to measure mine but it looks like it could be a tight fit even without the damper frame?? it would for sure be more cost effective if i could go round the whole way.

how hard is the frame to get out, mine looks like its concreted right into the fireplace brick???

gsxr1216 said:
thanks for the info, i would have to measure mine but it looks like it could be a tight fit even without the damper frame?? it would for sure be more cost effective if i could go round the whole way.

how hard is the frame to get out, mine looks like its concreted right into the fireplace brick???

Mine did too. That is why I circled around it for fifteen years. When I finally said the heck with it, it is coming out and started cutting, I found that it was only mortored in on the ends.

I bought Sawzall metal blades and messed with that. I put a metal blade in my sabre saw and messed with that. Finally I just grabbed a hacksaw and it was out of there in nothing flat.

Status
Not open for further replies.