Is this used Avalon 900PS a good deal?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH

Attachments

• Avalon900PelletStove.jpg
    Avalon900PelletStove.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 330
If it doesn't work that's a $400 paperweight. These stoves were completely analog.There were two versions of this timing box for pre and post the advent of auto ignition. I would first clean the unit and jump the vac switch and see if it feeds as well as direct power the auger motor. I've found the timing box and the control box to be equally guilty of replacement. but you have to narrow the problem down by eliminating the obvious culprits. The newer timing boxes can be adapted to run older versions by opening up the box and jumping a few wires inside but the actual set up you may need solely depends upon the serial number and whether the control or timing box is actually bad. Good simple stoves if you can get them up and running. I've worked on many.

smwilliamson said:
If it doesn't work that's a $400 paperweight. These stoves were completely analog.There were two versions of this timing box for pre and post the advent of auto ignition. I would first clean the unit and jump the vac switch and see if it feeds as well as direct power the auger motor. I've found the timing box and the control box to be equally guilty of replacement. but you have to narrow the problem down by eliminating the obvious culprits. The newer timing boxes can be adapted to run older versions by opening up the box and jumping a few wires inside but the actual set up you may need solely depends upon the serial number and whether the control or timing box is actually bad. Good simple stoves if you can get them up and running. I've worked on many.

Wow thanks for all the info Scott!

Don2222 said:
smwilliamson said:

Wow thanks for all the info Scott!

Yup, if Scott lived near Syracuse I'd enjoy selling pellet stoves more. Make the sale, hand the customers Scotts card and bingo!

Status
Not open for further replies.