Isle Royale question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

andy420

Feb 10, 2008
Minnesota hick
I would like to keep the removable handle on the top loading door on permanently. Any one have any ideas that won't look to half *ss? It has come off at the wrong time and burnt my arm while loading. Thank you.

Andy

If you don't remove that handle, that sucker is gonna get HOT. I mean real HOT, I know, trust me, I know. If you are running that stove with a good fire in it, that handle will darn near make a set of welding gloves start to smoke if it is not removed.

Other than that, maybe furnace cement packed into the key slot??

I always wear leather gloves while loading so I don't mind the handle being hot, I just think it would be safer if the handle was on all the time. I have no kids so I'm not worried about anyone else getting hurt by a hot handle.

So if I am getting your request, you want the handle to be permanently mounting, pointing forwards? That being the case, the furnace cement idea still sticks in my head, but I guess welding it could be an option. Both the base of the handle and the griddle top are steel, and I believe that a stick or a mig is all that would be needed to stick the two parts together for a REAL permanent type thing.

Weld it?

Status
Not open for further replies.