Issues with quadrafire 1000

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dbs1

Jul 2, 2016
Lakeside, Az
I bought this used and it's worked okay for the last few months with the exception of just kicking off occasionally or not turning on. If I go take off the fuse cover on the back and then put it right back in, it starts working immediately. Lately it's gotten worse so I ordered a new fuse holder to see if that solved it.

The fuse holder prongs were wider then the old one so I had to trim them and when I went to put it back together I see a red and yellow wire coming into the control box separately with a silver sheathing around them and u clips on the ends that either I did not see where they were originally hooked up or maybe they were never hooked up?

Wondering where these go? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Sounds like thermostat wire. If so, it shouldn't be connected to the fuse, most likely. It depends on what the fuse is for. Do you even use a thermostat?
A photo would be helpful.

Sounds like thermostat wire. If so, it shouldn't be connected to the fuse, most likely. It depends on what the fuse is for. Do you even use a thermostat?
A photo would be helpful.

No, not the tstat wires. They are white and black and hooked up on the outside, though they also have u shaped clips that go under screws on the back.

The wires I'm referring to come into the control box separate of the main wiring and have the silver sheathing around them and go back inside the unit from the control box. I'm not seeing where there are any screws to loosen to put these under.

Just to clarify, these wires do NOT hook up to the fuse. I know which wires those are. These 2 wires of which I'm asking about are separate from the main wiring coming in the control box, and I don't see where they were hooked up or if they were. Any ideas as to where they go and what they r for?

Now having said that...I suppose these wires that were going inside the control box, but located at a hole in the box here maybe they were hooked to the tstat junction block coming up and out from the bottom in a way that I did not see them hooked to the tstat junction block when I took the black and white wire going to the tstat off from the outside and they just slipped back inside the control box? The U clip ends seem to only have a place at that location. If so, which terminal for the yellow and which for the red? Getting cold in here! Haha

How would I post a pic?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.