It's 32 degrees and windy pellet stove on 1 and 75 degrees in the house

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sydney1963

Oct 4, 2008
Windham Maine
I don't know how we are going to be able to leave the stove on all day and night it will be 100 degrees in here. Any suggestions or is it still just not cold enough yet? I have it set on 1 for heat and 2 for blower. Had it on from 5am-9:00am this morning. Just 4 hours.

76 degrees here on 1-2 just hit the off button!

Just think how toasty your house will be when its 2 to 12 degrees in 2 months.

Not sure if a thermostat would help seeing we are at pretty much the lowest settings.

Can you kick it down to 1-1? I think I saw the guys
say you can if you want. A small fan pointed at the
stove does a good job for me to help circulate warm
air throughout my living/dining/kitchen area but those
rooms are very open to each other also. If you don't have
a semi open type floor plan I can see how heat can
build up in the room the stove is in.

Whole house is hot.

Mine is in a room with cathedral ceiling with ceiling fan pushing air down.
Two doorway fans blowing into Kitchen and Family room.(fam room at 70) (kitchen at 72)
Door to upstairs is on a balcany in cathedral room so to heat 2 bedrooms upstairs I open door whole or half way.

I will try 1-1 tonight, these stoves should do a great job in the fridged weather to come.

I totally agree. No problems keeping warm this winter for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.