It's a happy day

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wg_bent

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2005
Poughkeepsie, NY
My surround faceplate FINALLY showed up. Can anyone guess what I'm doing tonight? Now all I need is the gold door trim and my stove is finally complete.

I thought maybe you developed a secret formula to make Elm turn int oak.

Hi Warren Sounds good you will have to add a pic. to you install post! I Just ordered my Osburn 2200 today. I told them not to ship it until the 9th because I am haveing it sent to were I work I want to be there to inspect it on the truck. I went with the black trim on the door and gold trim on the surround. I also ordered 25 feet of the forever flex and the insulation to go with it. I will send some pics. as I go.

Wingnut

DavidV said:
I thought maybe you developed a secret formula to make Elm turn int oak.

Very Funny, Everyone around here's a comedian. Actually I like burning Elm, I just hate splitting it. Elm seems to burn almost as well as Ash, BUT Ash splits when you give it a dirty look, Elm well, let's just say that Elm is Evil.

:)

Any way, yes, I'll add pics. I have the new hearth built and tiled now, and the surround install went very smooth. I could swear the stove is putting out more heat with the surround installed. o.k. it's really warm out (30 degrees f at the moment) Well, at least it looks real nice. I just have to finish the tile around the surround, and do the mantle. I'm really looking forward to the mantle work, my real passion is not burning wood but changing it's shape and making it useful. (woodworking... Go find me on Woodnet also as wg_bent)

I wanted to add that HearthNet has created some very nice contacts. I've had a conversation on the phone with another member of the forum and I REALLY enjoyed that discussion about stoves and my buying experience. Thanks HearthNet!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.