its a start

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

edinct

Hearth Supporter
Apr 9, 2009
n.e. connecticut
Nice little pile ready to go for next season. I still have 3 big piles to split and stack that my step son brought home. He works for a tree service and brings home alot of free green wood.

The plan is to build a cover over the area that follows the shed roof that the wood sits against, no rush on that, but its the plan.

Yes a good start, congrats. Those splits look gasifier size. What appliance will you be burning the firewood in?

LOL, yeah I tend to get crazy when splitting wood, but they fit our little Jotul F3 nicely. The next splits will be alittle larger, but the small ones work just as well. Just alittle more feeding of the stove which we don't mind since we are usually sitting right near it.

I like the way youve used fence posts for your stack....will have to steal that idea from you!