It's all about the Noise! Noise! Noise! Ravelli Francesca or Enviro Mini

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

rcc

Dec 28, 2012
Central MA
Which one is quieter?
My wife is not happy with the noise level of our Quadra-Fire Santa Fe. It's right next to the tv in the living room. So we are looking to move the Santa Fe to her office (replacing the Englander) and install a significantly quieter pellet stove.
Based on research, price and availability it will either be the Ravelli Francesca or the Enviro Mini.
Order of importance:
1. Sound level
2. Sound level
3. Sound level
4. Appearance
5. Size (smaller the better)
6. Performance
Yes....I realize this is the not the smartest order of importance but I am basing it on my wife's input.
Any input would be greatly appreciated!

(Did I mention Sound Level?)

Soundbar to get the sound directed at you versus reflecting off surfaces? ... just a thought and much cheaper:) I installed a Polk wall mounted unit for my parents for this same reason lol

Before you do anything,i suggest you have a "heart to heart" talk with wife.She does not want noise in living room or office.Sounds to me like she just wants pellet stoves gone.

I agree noise won't every go away with a pellet stove....I guess I just want to get the quietest one I can get.
I would be great if every pellet stove had a dB rating (based on an industry standard of say 4 feet from the appliance).
But short of that.....which one do you think is quieter? The Ravelli Francesca or the Enviro Mini?
I've spoken to two dealers that lean toward the Ravelli based on the "German engineering" of the fans but no one in my area has either stove set up and running.
Thanks to the "community" for all of your input!
Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 9.02.31 AM.png

The range is from loud to louder. Especially when the fans are spun up on a higher output setting.

Like smashing your finger with either an 8 lb hammer or a 5 lb hammer. Your finger will be smashed regardless.

Reactions: SidecarFlip
Have you tried the sound deadening/heat shield material for automotive? Wrap the removable panels by the motors it will probably lower the noise level quite a but as some of the noise is vibration through out the stove and it will absorb the fan noise.... I never notice the stove after the first week...

The Ravellis/Ecotecks do have the quietest motors. These are high quality EBM Pabst motors...can't get better than that!

Thank you Z and Pelleting....good stuff. I am going to look at the Ravelli today. I also got my wife to admit no matter what stove we get it will make noise....just hopefully not as much as the Sante Fe. Good forum, good people, good stuff!

Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 9.23.06 AM.png

_g_g
Ok...just got home with a new 2015 Ravelli Francesca.
$2300 including tax out the door.....let the fun (with learning curve) begin!
Thanks again to all for your input.

New 2015? Not 2020 certified?

Let us know how it goes and if it meets your expectations..

I'm interested to know how it worked out for you. I agree there should be a dB rating on these stoves. We have one now that is too loud for my wife and I. I'm ready to buy a new one as soon as I find out which is the quietest.

I'm interested to know how it worked out for you. I agree there should be a dB rating on these stoves. We have one now that is too loud for my wife and I. I'm ready to buy a new one as soon as I find out which is the quietest.
What stove do you have?

Ok....the Ravelli Francesca is da bomb!
It is easily 40 to 50 percent quieter than the Quadrafire Santa Fe.
The 8 year old Santa Fe has been bulletproof (only needing gaskets for the front door) and I am hoping the Ravelli will oblige as well.
Stay warm and keep the volume on your TV set down...... ;-)

Quiet! Quiet! Quiet!

Screen Shot 2020-11-14 at 1.50.29 PM.png

Reactions: Washed-Up