It's all coming together!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bfitz3

Feeling the Heat
Jan 6, 2015
Northern Michigan
I owe thanks to many people on this site... Some who have replied to my posts, many who have posted to threads I've lurked on. Thank you!

I finally got the stove installed on what I feel is a pleasant, but understated hearth pad. The first few break in fires have gone well, and thanks to a surprising heat wave (70 deg) all the windows of the house can be open to remove the stank of first-fires. I've even been able to burn wood that I put up in may/June. It is registering right at 20% from a score that was uncovered, double row stacked. The covered stuff should be in better shape. Thank goodness for dead standing wood. I've also found a good local source of bio bricks.

The only down side right now is my friends really aren't appreciating my comments of "bring on winter!"

Thanks again to everyone on this site... It's a great community!

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: starlightsound
looks great! I agree with you, bring on winter

Reactions: bfitz3
That's gonna be so nice when the outside temp is 0ºF

Reactions: bfitz3
Currently, 65 deg outside with a slight breeze and numerous windows are open. Upstairs temp is 77 deg, and the hearth room is 85. The stank of the initial cure is fading, and the woodstove is cruising at 450 deg. I lit some incense to make a smoke stick... There is a veritable breeze above 5 feet as warm air leaves the hearth room, enters the kitchen/dining room, and races up the stairs to the bedrooms. Likewise, below 4 feet, cool air is flowing the other direction, even with open windows. Our front den seems to be the only room that has no exchange going on. I hope this bodes well for winter air circulation in the house.

As for 0 deg... I really look forward to our next night at 30 below, hoping to hear the silence of a furnace in waiting!

Death to propane! Viva wood burning!

Reactions: Seanm
Looks great...I just put in a new stove this past Spring and am looking forward to winter also.
Your friends are just jealous... ;)

Reactions: Seanm
Status
Not open for further replies.