It's not over yet!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Defiant

Vermont Castings Geek
Dec 5, 2007
Old Lyme CT
We are supposed to get 3-5" of the white chit tonight, but back in the 50's tomorrow afternoon. Spring is right around the corner which seems to slide into summer too quickly.:cool:

Reactions: f3cbboy and ScotO
We are supposed to get 3-5" of the white chit tonight, but back in the 50's tomorrow afternoon. Spring is right around the corner which seems to slide into summer too quickly.:cool:
its snowing like a mo-fo here in central PA, right now! They are calling for 3-6" overnight.....if it keeps snowing at this rate it'll be double that amount!!

May get one more hoorah out of the snowmobile this evening!!>>

Reactions: f3cbboy and Defiant
its snowing like a mo-fo here in central PA, right now! They are calling for 3-6" overnight.....if it keeps snowing at this rate it'll be double that amount!!

May get one more hoorah out of the snowmobile this evening!!>>

After last weekend I thought my riding days were done . . . but it seems as though there was some riding in some places here in Maine last weekend despite some initial reports . . . AND now they're talking about a big storm tomorrow . . . I might get (sadly) my third and final ride in for the year if this happens and may break 500 miles for the season (this has been without a doubt my saddest season of riding . . . or not riding . . . and that's not even taking into account last weekend's "incident" which I am still healing up from.

Reactions: ScotO
After last weekend I thought my riding days were done . . . but it seems as though there was some riding in some places here in Maine last weekend despite some initial reports . . . AND now they're talking about a big storm tomorrow . . . I might get (sadly) my third and final ride in for the year if this happens and may break 500 miles for the season (this has been without a doubt my saddest season of riding . . . or not riding . . . and that's not even taking into account last weekend's "incident" which I am still healing up from.
What happened last week, Jake?
I hear you on the lame season. I may have put on 150 miles on this year, which is WAY down from what I usually ride. i have a TON of wood to drag off of the farm and couldn't do it this year, thanks to the lame-azz winter we had....

Let me know if there is anything I can do, like send it all your way!! Jake hope all is well.

Reactions: ScotO
What happened last week, Jake?
I hear you on the lame season. I may have put on 150 miles on this year, which is WAY down from what I usually ride. i have a TON of wood to drag off of the farm and couldn't do it this year, thanks to the lame-azz winter we had....

Was riding the trails with my brother and came to a bridge . . . part in the middle had no snow where the tracks had rutted it out . . . part where the skis was fine . . . hit it wrong . . . at too much speed . . . rolled it on to its side after catching a bit of air . . . instinct was to grab hold of the handlebars even harder which of course just gave the throttle more gas until I was able to come to my senses.

The good news: was able to roll the sled back on its side and no damage.

The bad news: I think I caught the handlebars on my rib cage as I am still sore there and the throttle thumb was sprained.

If there is enough snow by this weekend though I should be good to go! :)

Reactions: ScotO and Defiant
Was riding the trails with my brother and came to a bridge . . . part in the middle had no snow where the tracks had rutted it out . . . part where the skis was fine . . . hit it wrong . . . at too much speed . . . rolled it on to its side after catching a bit of air . . . instinct was to grab hold of the handlebars even harder which of course just gave the throttle more gas until I was able to come to my senses.

The good news: was able to roll the sled back on its side and no damage.

The bad news: I think I caught the handlebars on my rib cage as I am still sore there and the throttle thumb was sprained.

If there is enough snow by this weekend though I should be good to go! :)
OUCH! I've had a couple bob-boos from the sled myself.......rib shots can be some out the worst.
Well, I put around 15 miles on the sled this evening, and put it away til next winter.......the smell of two cycle still about my clothes.
I'm gonna miss her......

Reactions: Defiant
Jake sorry you got hurt, here's hoping you feel better soon.

Thanks for the well wishes guy . . . nothing serious . . . I think just bruised ribs and a sprained thumb. Feel much better now . . . occasionally pop a few Ibuprofen and all is well. First night I was feeling it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.