It's that time of year again. Danger lurks at each stove!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

bill3rail

Minister of Fire
Jan 12, 2012
LI, NY
Spotted this on another website (Not Pellet Related) and notified they need to have hopper lid for safety.

Bill
Hopper 1.jpg
Hopper 2.jpg

Reactions: Overfireinthehole
Wow. Those welds are the special olympics 1St place[emoji3061]of the welding world Far better to fold tab seams and rivet. Then there’s that little thing with the open top[emoji3061]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Probably has a capacity of 6-8 bags so there is plenty of fuel when the fire starts, either in the firebox or in the hopper!

We are all perfect and see danger lurking in
every corner

Last edited:
Its all good. He has a fire extinguisher there in the orange bowl...

Reactions: Seasoned Oak
Its all good. He has a fire extinguisher there in the orange bowl...
And I do not want to know why there is toilet paper next to the stove, in what I assume is a living space!

Reactions: Ssyko
I see a canadian flag. They play by a different set of rules than us southerners. Also has a vhs tape and a Wii. Who is this freak? Looks like it was a nice St. Croix at one time. Tragic.

I see a canadian flag. They play by a different set of rules than us southerners. Also has a vhs tape and a Wii. Who is this freak? Looks like it was a nice St. Croix at one time. Tragic.
So you say he is a Canadian !! I don't see a Canadian flag . or VhS tapes
a Wii Game player is there so are compact discs How does this make him Canadian ??

Last edited:
There is a small Canadian flag on the corner shelf, up high, in the second pic. Hard to see, but it's there.

Reactions: Washed-Up
Your right it could be a small flag of the type that are given out on Canada day
Everyone coming across the border on the Canada day weekend gets one

So you say he is a Canadian !! I don't see a Canadian flag . or VhS tapes
a Wii Game player is there so are compact discs How does this make him Canadian ??

First picture on shelf above the Wii is a Polaroid VHS tape.

I concede there is one VHS tape Good eye
Don't come to my home I have 2 working Bata Machines
and 3 VHS machines plus over 600 movies.
Then again I have 3 compact disc machines and well over 1000 movies
I just like old tech. and old movies

I concede there is one VHS tape Good eye
Don't come to my home I have 2 working Bata Machines
and 3 VHS machines plus over 600 movies.
Then again I have 3 compact disc machines and well over 1000 movies
I just like old tech. and old movies

Are you Canadian by virtue of VHS & Beta tape ownership?

No, just an assumption. Based on the flag on the shelf. Not bashing Canadians at all. Love that beautiful country up north. Best fishing on the planet IMHO

And I do not want to know why there is toilet paper next to the stove, in what I assume is a living space!
Seems logical to me. Its a living space. One needs to deficate to live. Good hygiene is important to good living. Toilet paper is essential to good hygiene. I would assume there is a chamber pot somewhere nearby.

• Haha
Reactions: FirepotPete
No, you never leave paper in the little house at the back (AKA Outhouse)
somebody might steal it. Take it with you when the urge hits

• Haha
Reactions: Ssyko
Seems logical to me. Its a living space. One needs to deficate to live. Good hygiene is important to good living. Toilet paper is essential to good hygiene. I would assume there is a chamber pot somewhere nearby.
This must be their living room, ‘cause their Shopvac is sitting right next to the stove!

First picture on shelf above the Wii is a Polaroid VHS tape.
Their movies definitely need a refresh. On shelves next to the Polaroid VHS are:

Click (2006, Adam Sandler)
Gladiator (2000, Russell Crowe)
Gran Torino (2008, Clint Eastwood)
Elizabeth (1998, Cate Blanchett)

Not one stove installation video. THAT’s their problem!

anybody find “WALDO” yet? :p