jan 1991 regency, I believe it is a i2100 but there is no serial #

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

matlocc

Jan 22, 2015
michigan
I ordered a steel baffle plate for this, the dimensions are exact (which kinda sucks!) This stove has only one tube at the top and it is at the front. My situation is that I cannot get the plate in. the air channels, the things with the holes around the sides and back are to wide to allow the plate to be moved up and past them so it can sit on them.
This reconstruction has been giving me fits. HELP!!! Any tips or tricks are accepted!

If the older ones were designed like the later models, you'll need vise-grips & a hammer.
Try grabbing the air tube with a pair of vise-grips. Lock them a couple of inches from the left side.
With the hammer, whack the vise-grips & try to drive the entire tube to the left.
It should disengage from the right side.
Remove it, install the baffle & relocate the vise-grips to the right end of the tube.
Make sure the tab in the hole is aligned with the slot in the air tube.
Use the hammer to drive the air tube back into the hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.