Jet fuel

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Dolan

Burning Hunk
Apr 7, 2012
SW Ontario
Have been burning what I considered reasonably well seasoned wood, mixed ash and maple, 20 % less moisture as per my meter. Last November cut split and stacked around 25 face cords of ash, half stayed outside and the other half went into my drive shed under cover but still decent air flow. So for fun this morning I went out and brought a split from the outside pile and one from inside and re split and checked moisture. The outside one was around 18% and the inside one was 17% . Put them on a nice coal bed and whoof 600 stove top and holding with tonnes of secondaries. I am saving this for next year but I think I have jet fuel for my stove. Got to love dry seasoned wood!!!!!

Its pretty amazing what a few points on the MM can make. I cant wait till next year when my wood is better seasoned.

Have been burning what I considered reasonably well seasoned wood, mixed ash and maple, 20 % less moisture as per my meter. Last November cut split and stacked around 25 face cords of ash, half stayed outside and the other half went into my drive shed under cover but still decent air flow. So for fun this morning I went out and brought a split from the outside pile and one from inside and re split and checked moisture. The outside one was around 18% and the inside one was 17% . Put them on a nice coal bed and whoof 600 stove top and holding with tonnes of secondaries. I am saving this for next year but I think I have jet fuel for my stove. Got to love dry seasoned wood!!!!!

Wait a minute. Some say that inside row won't dry but you say it is drier! Well, we don't have any problems stacking 3 rows together. It all dries about the same.

Wait a minute. Some say that inside row won't dry but you say it is drier! Well, we don't have any problems stacking 3 rows together. It all dries about the same.
Backwoods my inside was inside the drive shed not an inside row. I think if you have good air flow it really dries the wood

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Got ya. I agree, air flow is the big key.

Its pretty amazing what a few points on the MM can make. I cant wait till next year when my wood is better seasoned.
It is unreal the lower moisture of the wood. Just like doubting Thomas , unless you can see it for yourself it ain't real. As I said before on this forum dry well seasoned wood is like great malt whisky, aged properly it is divine, just like wood!!!

Reactions: Sinngetreu
Status
Not open for further replies.