Jetstream furnace refractory rebuild

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessy

Sep 29, 2015
Amherst, NS
Hi there,

We recently purchased an old Jetstream furnace, but the refractory chamber was completely destroyed. We have a friend who is a stone mason who will help us to rebuild, but we have been unable to find any drawings/plans/molds/etc. to guide us. Has anyone recast the entire refractory chamber or does anyone have plans, drawings, or measurements that we could base our rebuild on?

Thank you!

IMGP3368.JPG

This is a complete refractory liner.
IMGP3370.JPG

IMGP3372.JPG
I no longer have this liner.
IMGP3375.JPG

The liner in its box. The material between the liner and the sheet metal box is vermiculite.
IMGP3318.JPG
This liner was re-buildable.
Have you called Kerr controls? A company in Ontario made their last bunch of liners. Maybe they could tell you who the company is?.

Last edited:
Thank you for the great photos. I had contacted Kerr but they haven't got back to me. I will try again. The liner that came with the furnace might be salvageable. If not, I think we can make a new one. Any thoughts on how much cement would be needed? Thanks again!

Thank you for the great photos. I had contacted Kerr but they haven't got back to me. I will try again. The liner that came with the furnace might be salvageable. If not, I think we can make a new one. Any thoughts on how much cement would be needed? Thanks again!

Post some pictures and I may be able to make some suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.