JJ Watt

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mass_burner

Minister of Fire
Sep 24, 2013
SE Mass
Anyone see that commercial with JJ watt chopping wood? For such a big strong guy, those are some pathetic rounds.

probably a stunt double

maybe the whole team should start splitting, they might win a game here and there.

I also noticed on the very last swing he's showing improper technique as well. He swings off to the side instead of having the axis of the swing come through in between your legs.

The commercial is on Youtube.

I thought it was odd to see him standing square to the log - seems like he's using back a lot. I have my opposite foot forward for balance as I swing a long arc.

His strikes seem decently accurate.

The theme seems random. I guess that since since chopping firewood is something few viewers have ever done, it suggests being in a really remote area.

I envision recent marketing grads sitting in a conference room throwing darts at posters with category titles like "celebrities" or "manly activities" and labeled zones on each for the darts to hit like "pro football player" and "actor" or "chopping firewood" and "wrestling alligators", etc. Each person throws a handful of darts and then fills out a mad-lib style script.

Ok, so this commercial is going to focus on "coverage" by featuring a "pro football player" who is "chopping firewood." Our next commercial is going to focus on "data bandwidth" by featuring an "female fashion model" who is "fighting a sumo wrestler."

Yea, his form is more of a pose than good technique, and I'd tell him too, face to TV screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.