Joining Pellet Vent in a Wall Thimble

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Philip

Nov 17, 2007
Huntsville, AL
Is there any problem with joining two pieces of vent pipe inside a wall thimble? Seems like I read something somewhere that this was not code, but my stove manual doesn't say anything about it one way or the other.

It is fine
Good idea to make sure it is sealed good and you use 3 screws at the joint (all your joints) to secure it.

Excellent. Thank you very much for the reminder to use screws, too. I usually remember such things after it's too late and have to pull it apart again.

That's about the only good way to transition from black pipe to galvanized or SS. If you do use screws on the joints make sure they don't penetrate the inner wall of the pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.