Jonsered 525

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dobish

Minister of Fire
Oct 26, 2015
Golden CO
When I bought my Husky, i was given a jonesered 525. I was told that it didn't work, so I put it on the shelf, and eventually gave it to my brother in law to put in his garage to fix up one day.

He came over and asked if he could borrow my chainsaw, so i decided this was a good time to fix his up... I took it home, poured out the gas that was in there, filled it half way, and filled the bar oil. I pulled it a couple of times and it seemed like it wanted to go, but wouldn't idle. I pulled the air filter, and it it was caked with dust, so I just pulled it out. With the air filter removed, it started up first pull! The chain was a little loose, but once I adjusted it, seemed to work and get oiled....

Now all I need to do is get an air filter and sharpen the chain for him, and he is in business!
20161011_165537.jpg

Reactions: Sean McGillicuddy
When I bought my Husky, i was given a jonesered 525. I was told that it didn't work, so I put it on the shelf, and eventually gave it to my brother in law to put in his garage to fix up one day.

He came over and asked if he could borrow my chainsaw, so i decided this was a good time to fix his up... I took it home, poured out the gas that was in there, filled it half way, and filled the bar oil. I pulled it a couple of times and it seemed like it wanted to go, but wouldn't idle. I pulled the air filter, and it it was caked with dust, so I just pulled it out. With the air filter removed, it started up first pull! The chain was a little loose, but once I adjusted it, seemed to work and get oiled....

Now all I need to do is get an air filter and sharpen the chain for him, and he is in business!
View attachment 185574

Nice Find, I would love to fall into something like that, but more in the shape of a 4WD ATV.

The Jonesred 525 has one gear, a fairly low top speed, and you would not believe how uncomfortable the seating is.

As long as I can attach a trailer for pulling wood, I wont be going very far.... Ill just stand

Status
Not open for further replies.