Josef Davidssons Viking 30

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jadefox

Dec 11, 2021
3birdfarm.com
Does anybody have experience with the Josef Davidssons Viking 30? We have an unused (lined) chimney in the kitchen, and we'd toyed with the idea of bringing a small woodstove back to the room, but the necessary clearances for most stoves made it impractical. This stove says it requires only 5 cm light concrete as a firewall on each side of the range, making it a viable option for our design...if we could get one in the States.
117033_Mecka_Scene_02_closeup_2_retuschad.jpg

The YouTube video I found on it wasn’t any help at all.
I know. The British dealer was looking to work with a North American dealer, but I don't think that's happened yet. Have you seen anything similar in the US? We have a unused chimney in the kitchen, which is a relatively small room (19th century home). The old cook stove that was in there took up way too much real estate. Something similar to this would be just what we need for heat in the winter and a cook surface when the power goes out.

I have not, but I haven’t been looking.

You might want to give Obadiah’s a call. They have a lot of experience with cook stoves.

Reactions: Jadefox
I'm continuing to add my research to this thread in case it helps someone else dow the road. Rizzoli said the only small unit they can sell in the US is the Rizzoli ML60 Classic Wood Cook Stove.
ML60-2.jpg

The stove is 33.5" H x 24" W x 24" D and the clearances (according to an email from Rizzoli) are:
-1 cm on the sides
-17 cm in the rear part
-80 cm in front
-60 cm upward

I found the following specs online:

Rizzoli-ML-Series-Clearance-Chart.jpg