Jotul 121

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Nettieb123

Aug 28, 2019
US
Hi. I am new to this site and have questions on my Jotul wood stove 121. Yes the moose one. I have gotten new home insurance and they are telling me I have to remove the stove because they cannot find a UL rating. I found the old manual and it has a UL number and date. Is that what they want? I have had the stove installed since about 2005 and we had it inspected when we were through. or should I just find another insurance company. Any input would be great. Thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190828-170553_kindlephoto-29534704.png
    Screenshot_20190828-170553_kindlephoto-29534704.png
    897.3 KB · Views: 176
Reactions: KustomElg
If you have the UL listing from the manual that should be sufficient. Supply that to them. If they give you a hard time then maybe shop around for a new insurer.

Hi. I am new to this site and have questions on my Jotul wood stove 121. Yes the moose one. I have gotten new home insurance and they are telling me I have to remove the stove because they cannot find a UL rating. I found the old manual and it has a UL number and date. Is that what they want? I have had the stove installed since about 2005 and we had it inspected when we were through. or should I just find another insurance company. Any input would be great. Thank you
Could you provide me the UL # and the date? I have the same stove, but missing the plate for the info. TIA, Karl