Jotul 3 Classic Direct Vent

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Eweneek1

Dec 25, 2019
Eliquis
Have a Jotul 3 Classic Direct Vent stove. Lately been having trouble getting the stove to ignite. The pilot light is always on and strong. However, when I turn the switch on sometimes it will light and sometimes not. If it does not light and I leave the switch on it eventually lights. Would it be the the pilot generator causing the problem?

What switch are you using?
The one on the back of the stove?
The switch is on the front bottom right.
IMG_0117.JPG

That could be the problem.
Not sure of your capabilities, but to test it is not that hard.
Remove the spade connectors on the back of the switch,
& with a paper clip or a small piece of wire, connect them to each other.
If the unit comes right on & stays on, the switch is probably wearing out.
To remove it, there are clips on each side that need to be compressed & it'll snap out.
The replacement will snap into the opening. Re-install the spades & you're good to go.

That could be the problem.
Not sure of your capabilities, but to test it is not that hard.
Remove the spade connectors on the back of the switch,
& with a paper clip or a small piece of wire, connect them to each other.
If the unit comes right on & stays on, the switch is probably wearing out.
To remove it, there are clips on each side that need to be compressed & it'll snap out.
The replacement will snap into the opening. Re-install the spades & you're good to go.

I'm having the same problem with the same stove. If I determine it's the switch, can you suggest where I can find a replacement switch for the stove that can be snapped back in? Thanks!