jotul #3 top baffle missing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stefan

Oct 27, 2008
VT
Greetings,

I've aquired a jotul #3 that does not have a top baffle. Stores I've talked to say no replacement parts are availble for that model, but there I can clearly see bolt holes where it should go. Any ideas how to get a top baffle or if other later models will work on mine?

Contact Jotul USA in Maine directly. Give them some time to answer as this is busy time for them, also understand as some replacement parts for certain models may have been out of production for some time. Be patient.

Try contacting many large and longtime, dedicated Jotul dealers in other states. Search the web and Craigslist for a parting-out one.

Oh yes, use the search function on this fine Hearth.com! Good luck.

stefan said:
Greetings,

I've aquired a jotul #3 that does not have a top baffle. Stores I've talked to say no replacement parts are availble for that model, but there I can clearly see bolt holes where it should go. Any ideas how to get a top baffle or if other later models will work on mine?

Which Jotul #3 is this? Does it have a round spinner air control or a slider over the door?

You might contact Woodman and see if they have the part. They list one for the 3TD:
http://www.woodmanspartsplus.com/169688/products/Jotul-Baffle-3TD-102460.html

Status
Not open for further replies.