Jotul #3

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrowningBAR

Minister of Fire
Jul 22, 2008
San Tan Valley, AZ
Anyone have any dimensions on this guy? Height of stove? BTU output? Can the short leg kit be installed?

28" tall, 23" wide, 19.5" deep. weighs 265 lbs. 42,000 btu output max. It can have short legs, and drops the overall height by 2.25 inches. If using the rear outlet, then the height to top of flue pipe is 25.5" w/ stock legs, 23.25" w/ short legs. Takes an 18" log, but the way the door is shaped, a 16" log works better.

summit said:
28" tall, 23" wide, 19.5" deep. weighs 265 lbs. 42,000 btu output max. It can have short legs, and drops the overall height by 2.25 inches. If using the rear outlet, then the height to top of flue pipe is 25.5" w/ stock legs, 23.25" w/ short legs. Takes an 18" log, but the way the door is shaped, a 16" log works better.

So, the #3 and the F3 CB are the same?

No, the #3 was the pre-EPA predecessor to the F3CB. But you bring up an interesting question about whether the newer stove's legs would work on the older stove. Are you thinking of adding to the collection?

BeGreen said:
No, the #3 was the pre-EPA predecessor to the F3CB. But you bring up an interesting question about whether the newer stove's legs would work on the older stove. Are you thinking of adding to the collection?

Yeah, I knew the #3 was older. I'm keeping an eye out for a good replacement for the Intrepid in the kitchen. Max height is just under 26" and I'm looking for something in the 35-42K BTU area.

The Jotul F100 is listed at 35k btus and is 22" in height. It sounds perfect, but I haven't been able to find a comparison between the Intrepid and the F100. Last thing I want to do is pull out an old stove, put in another stove, and end up with no improvement.

In regards to the legs, it looks like the #3 doesn't have an ash pan underneath it like the F3CB. So, this intrigued me. My neighbor is an iron smith and I could probably shorten the legs even more as the stove will be sitting in the fireplace.

I am trying to determine the height of the stove from the bottom of the ash pan to the top of the stove on a Jotul F3CB. Anybody know this?

Status
Not open for further replies.