Jotul 602cb

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Rhon

Sep 11, 2017
Nampa , Id
i just bought a jotul 602 woodstoves I was wondering if I need a fire proof gasket around the smoke outlet on the stove where the adapter fits the two do not fit tight together slight gap between the two and creole could get between them. Does anybody know what I am talking about or is this just and OCD problem with me. I have had and older stove but wanted to get a new up to date stove.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome. How large is the gap? A thin gap can be filled stove/furnace cement. A larger gap may need a bit of gasket material.

This is what it looks like

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    107 KB · Views: 110
Looks like it needs an appliance adapter (stove connector) that is crimped on the end to fit within the stove collar. What brand pipe is this? Drolet?

Call the stove store and ask if they have a 6" stove connector for that pipe. It will look something like this.
SP00350_52_001-Large.jpg