Jotul 8

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kar3212

Dec 19, 2010
Northern VA
Hello,

I just saw an craigslist ad for a Jotul 8. They say it is only 3 years old - but I thought these were discontinued a while ago. Does anyone know when these were discontinued?
Thanks

Its been well over 10 years since they were made. Come to think of it , it may be closer to 15. The #8 was never and EPA stove.

Probably meant 30. My neighbor has one from the eighties. Looks like a Castine. puffs smoke in the beginning, but burns pretty clear after that. They run it hot. Pretty nice stove.

It's the predecessor to the F400 Castine. They did make a cat version (8TDC) that sold later. But even so, that would date the stove to the 1990s.

PS: maybe they don't know what version they have. is it this stove (F400)? http://harrisonburg.craigslist.org/for/2085075567.html

Status
Not open for further replies.