Jotul - anyone know how to contact them?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

grahamk

Oct 9, 2008
Colorado
I've been trying to call the 207-797-5912 and it's always busy.

I'd like to ask them why I still do not have the surround for my C350 that I bought and installed in JULY. My dealer says that Jotul can't give them an ETA. Really? Is that how Jotul generally does business?

Does anyone know of any e-mail addresses or non-switchboard phone numbers where I might be able to reach someone at Jotul that cares?

Thanks,
Graham

Very disappointing. The only time their phone number appears to not be busy is when they are closed. I asked my Dealer to give me the phone number of the local Jotul rep and they told me that Jotul instructs them not to give out the number!!!! So what does this guy do? Just collects the cash I guess.

Jotul seems to want to hide behind their dealers and not pay attention to customer service. That business model would probably work if it weren't for the fact that their dealers can't get through to them or get any info either.

Great stove - until you need something from the company.

I will never buy another Jotul. The stove I had was not made well. Lots of other people had similar problems. Jotul is impossibe to contact. I don't understand why a company would have such poor customer support.

I bought an ugly plate steel stove dirt cheap from a company that is bankrupt. If I need customer service, I don't have to waste time trying.

maybe you can learn some Norweigian and call someone who cares over in Scandinavia. Sorry to hear about that. I think the dealer is an A$$, the stoves are quality, the companies are busy as hell right now, and everyone is getting frustrated trying to meet supply and demand, worries about the cost to heat your home, etc.etc.....hope you have better luck with this issue soon.

I'm sure they are behind the eight ball like everyone else. The dealer is always the point of contact for such stuff - because Jotul (or any other company) does not have enough staff to take thousands of phone calls per day.

Can you use it without the surround panels? This is usually possible...

The truth is - that our industry is having a run-on-the-bank. I know you paid your money and expect the product - but it will not help (in this case) to call the factory.

Well I have to admit that I made a fair amount of noise about this - both with my dealer, who i think has been excellent, and Jotul.

And what do you know. My surround arrived at the dealer via overnight shipping today.

:)

I just wanted to weigh in here. When I contacted my dealer, Mace Energy, near Hagerstown, Md., with a minor problem with my Jotul air control lever, within a couple days I had a call from the regional Jotul Rep.

Problem solved.

Great dealer.

Great service.

nice to see them step up to the plate.being a first time wood burner and first time jotul owner.

If you can actually find the phone number they are great to deal with. When I had to find the side burn plates for my 118b I called them up and since my local dealer wouldn't help me "because the stove stopped production 25 years ago, just buy a new one" they were able to direct me to woodmansparts.com to get the parts I needed for it and get me a copy of the manual free of charge. I can't complain about that sort of service.

That is great news, as usual the manufacturer comes through, as they are in it for the long term. I'm also quite sure that they may periodically search this site for recent references to their brand.

Valhalla said:
That is great news, as usual the manufacturer comes through, as they are in it for the long term. I'm also quite sure that they may periodically search this site for recent references to their brand.

Theses sites can make or break a company really fast.its all how they respond to a problem in the field.its not like the old days anymore :)

Please, keep it to yourself...or .........from Downeast G-2.

Jotul 1.800.797.5912

Rule for calling ANY customer service # : call when they open first thing in the morning.
Rule 2: This is the hearth industry's busy time ( obviously, especially now). It is not the auto business, most companies are small.
Rule 3: Be firm, persistent, always polite.
Rule 4: Try different extensions...like "0".
Rule 5: Look up the executives, then if you're out of patience, ask for them by name or extension.
Enough "rules".

Jotul is and has been one of the better customer oriented firms of any product since we started using wood stoves in the ancien regime of the 70's. Jotul products have a rep for quality and stand behind what they make and sell.

P.S. Stop whining about "caring".....it's business.

Status
Not open for further replies.