Jotul C450 kennebec blower, the $20 solution

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

boostnut

Nov 2, 2007
central IL
So after well over 10 years of use the blower in my jotul insert started getting noisy. I replaced the bearings but unfortunately there was no improvement. Next I picked up a fasco D367 motor and put the original blower assembly on it, but couldn't stand it. that piece of junk isn't capable of operating at a steady speed, it's a constant up, down, up, down..... garbage.
I stumbled across a different option, a much cheaper one. Surplus center must have bought a truckload of these generic replacement blowers. With just a little modification its quietly pushing warm air out of the insert, just like the original. Its a little smaller and single speed but a cheap router controller gives you all the control you need. Best 20 bucks I've spent in a long time.

Nice find. That looks like it might adapt to several inserts.

They're still there. +$20 shipping

So after well over 10 years of use the blower in my jotul insert started getting noisy. I replaced the bearings but unfortunately there was no improvement. Next I picked up a fasco D367 motor and put the original blower assembly on it, but couldn't stand it. that piece of junk isn't capable of operating at a steady speed, it's a constant up, down, up, down..... garbage.
I stumbled across a different option, a much cheaper one. Surplus center must have bought a truckload of these generic replacement blowers. With just a little modification its quietly pushing warm air out of the insert, just like the original. Its a little smaller and single speed but a cheap router controller gives you all the control you need. Best 20 bucks I've spent in a long time.
These are still available. What modifications does it need? I just bought one

Diddapointing. I wired the fan motor to an extension cord and plugged it in. It doesn't work. $30 wasted, and another $10 to ship it back. I'll get $20 refund, lose $20