Jotul Combifire 4 stove pipe adapter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Vermontyurt

Sep 10, 2016
Lunenburg Vermont
Hi All,

Trying to install a Combifire 4 that I bought used. The stove is in good shape with no cracks.

I measured the inside diameter of the flue collar and its 6 5/8 inches. Woodsmans parts plus has a stovepipe adapter for the Combi 4 that is 175mm to 6". Did I measure the wrong thing? If the adapter measurements are correct do I then need 6" stovepipe?

This is my first install so pardon my inexperience.

IMG_1516.JPG IMG_1517.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a powerful heater for a yurt. What is the OD of the flue outlet? I thought the Combifire 4 took 8" stove pipe that went on the outside of the collar and gets notched for the damper handle. At least I think that is what the 4B required because it can be used as a fireplace. Will have to check. Do you have the manual?

Thanks for the response. I figure that I may need to keep some windows open if it gets too hot. Also, I built the hearth to be 4' by 8' so that I could have a larger clearance between the stove and wall/ceiling.

I have not found a manual just installlation and operating instructions(attached) from the Jotul website. Under dimensions it says the smoke outlet diameter is 8". Guess I need to go back and remeasure the OD

Attachments

• 4B.pdf
    275.9 KB · Views: 368
That is the manual. It was pretty basic back in that time. Yes, it says 8" round stove pipe.

How are you planning to run the stove pipe and support the chimney?

It will be through the wall.

I have put a 2" schedule 40 galvanized pipe 3' in the ground with concrete. Its about 20" from the outside wall of the yurt. The plan is to use automotive u-bolts to attach the horizontal supports to the 2" pipe. I will then bolt the tee support and support bands to these horizontal supports. I have some square galvanized pipe that I will cut into four 2' sections and use as the horizontal supports. I have seen videos of people using 4X4's to do this but I am hoping the galvanized pipe will last longer.

Last edited by a moderator: