Jotul F 55 Secondary Air Manifold Bent

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Splinters

Nov 10, 2011
North East Pennsylvania
Last night I noticed that I wasn't getting any type of secondaries. Turns out that the top plate of the secondary air manifold warped and no longer forms a seal.

Please take a look at the picture below and let me know what you think. If you look closely you can see the gasket coming down at an angle towards the right side of the center tooth. This morning when the stove was cool the gap was much smaller. This picture was taken at about 500 so the hotter it gets the wider the gap becomes.

I bought the stove used and unfortunately the baffle and manifold are warranted for life only to the original purchaser. Any thoughts?

Stove.JPG

that is a pretty new model..... how long did the previous owner have it? what dealer did they purchase through?

It wouldnt hurt to contact that dealer and see what he says.

Is that little nub in the center supposed to support the center of the manifold? Do try the dealer to see if there has been a service bulletin on this issue. If you have no recourse, I would be tempted to drill and tap a screw to pull that manifold back in place.

Just wanted to give a quick update. The local dealer was not much help but did recommend drilling a hole in the baffle and tightening the gap with a nut and bolt. I put two bolts through and it sealed nicely. The stove is just like new again. Thanks again for the feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.