Todd Posted By Todd, Jul 5, 2019 at 10:35 AM

1. Todd

Todd
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 19, 2005
    Loc:
    Lake Wissota
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    begreen likes this.
  2. begreen

begreen
    Mooderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Thanks for the update. Looking forward to your reports on the F602CB v2. I suspect that the F45 & F50 will remain non-cat as well, and maybe the F55 too.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Todd

Todd
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 19, 2005
    Loc:
    Lake Wissota
    There's EPA testing info in the link if you click technical documentation if anyones interested. Pretty much explains the whole testing method and results. Not real world burning by any means but I guess they need to have some kind of standard for all stoves.

4. begreen

begreen
    Mooderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Yes, and cordwood testing results to boot. New to the manual is a section under Operation about the V2 features and efficiencies. In that section the guidance on wood seasoning is a bit optimistic for hardwood, saying 6-14 months is optimal. That may be about right for small 2" splits, but a 4"+ split of white oak is going to need more seasoning.

5. jetsam

jetsam
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 12, 2015
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Around here, 6 month oak is wet, heavy, and hisses and spits if you try to burn it. 14 month oak isn't that much better.

As many rain days as we've had on the east coast, best not to count this year as drying time at all... :p

6. begreen

begreen
    Mooderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Missing from the information was the species of wood. Ash can dry pretty quickly.

7. Todd

Todd
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 19, 2005
    Loc:
    Lake Wissota
    I think I read somewhere they used Red Oak.

They must of modified the stove a bit, I noticed the stated BTU's have increased a tad from the 602 CB. Maybe they increased the combustion air somewhere?

8. begreen

begreen
    Mooderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    It wouldn't surprise me if they increased the secondary air supply, perhaps by adding more holes or enlarging the holes on the secondary air chamber.