Jotul F100 air vent problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

p0rtocala

Dec 1, 2016
Bucharest
Hello everyone ! I have a Jotul F100 bought in Europe about 4 years ago. I never had any problem with it ,until now. It seems like the air vent handle is set on high air and if I move it to the left nothing happens and the fire is still burning very fast. I tried to open the stove ,but I can't get to the air vent system because I can't remove the top. I think something inside the system moved from its place. I don't know when the problem started exactly ,because I was away for a while and my grandma used the stove. I attached a photo with the air vent system. Maybe some of you had the same problem or got the top of the stove open. Thank you !

Attachments

• air system.jpg
    air system.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 712
Have you checked the door gasket? It's highly unlikely there's anything wrong with the air control. A crack, or the gasket would be more suspect.

For the best results use the proper gasket material so that it matches factory spec. It looks like the F100 door gasket is 3/8" low density x 64". Verify and get it from a Jotul dealer if possible.

I don't have the exact dimensions on the gasket I bought , but it's working perfectly, the problem is solved. Thank you very much for your answers ! Cheers ! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.