Jotul F3 - Attaching to Tee

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

fconway3

Nov 26, 2005
3F80D9B6-CC0F-4B35-ACA5-BF4F18489AFB.jpeg
I searched around the forum, but didn’t find an answer. Just bought a new to me Jotul F3 for installation into a fireplace. I’ll be venting at the back of the stove. I’m about to buy a pre-insulated 6” stainless chimney liner kit, which comes with a stainless tee. It isn’t clear to me from looking at the manual how the tee is attached to the stove. Does it just go into the back outlet hole and I secure it from the inside with a couple sheet metal screws? I see there is a stove pipe adapter available, but the description implies it is for a crimped end black stove pipe. The stainless tee does not appear to be crimped. I want to do this correctly. Any help is appreciated.

The pic (which I hope works) shows the stove with the air manifold removed (ordered a new one). Thanks in advance.

Frank

Last edited by a moderator:
I think there is a flue adapter for this stove that gets attached to the flue collar. Did you order the tee with a long snout? If so it may need to be trimmed to length and possibly crimped to fit the adapter.

I haven’t ordered the kit yet. I was going to order the standard (10”) snout so the stove doesn’t stick out too much.

Am I missing some fundamental concept? Can you crimp stainless tee's? Do you need special tooling?

This is the stove pipe adapter that it seems is available:

1BC70D0D-4EFD-47C2-80FA-935405151BF5.jpeg

This is the tee from the kit I'm considering:

913F852F-39BC-4D39-8A23-8DFBFE270912.jpeg

Thanks again,

Frank

Last edited by a moderator:
Frank, I’m getting ready to do the same type plumbing behind a new-to-me Jotul F400. Did it work okay? How did you get through the chimney damper? Did you have to go ovalized at all? Got any pictures? Thanks!

Well, It was fourth and long so I basically had to drop back and punt. All of the parts I needed were close to $1000 and I found a competent, professional installer who did the entire job for $1600 total. The entire chimney is lined properly and sealed off from the original fireplace damper upwards with 2300F fire blanket. I’ve been burning for a couple weeks now, excellent results, excellent draft. Thanks to all those in this thread who helped me have a much more thorough understanding as I discussed the job with my installer.

Attachments

• 3CF76CDA-5DAE-41FF-BA79-ADE9B49692D0.jpeg
    3CF76CDA-5DAE-41FF-BA79-ADE9B49692D0.jpeg
    80.1 KB · Views: 405