Jotul F3 Classic - new proud owner needs a bit of advice!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

NewJotulF3owner

Sep 22, 2017
London
I have a Jotul F3 Classic which is probably at least 10 years old (I have bought a house with one in) and I need to adjust the flue to be top vented and not rear vented.

I have swapped the flue and plates around on the exterior and all seems fine with those, but do I need to adjust any of the interior panels also? There is one panel currently positioned inside across the top which is moveable, and for the old rear-vented set-up it seemed to be in the best position, but now this is top-vented it looks to be blocking the flue a little.

Can anyone advise? (NB - in the picture the rear plate is not yet in place but is now!)

Many thanks

Is this a gas or wood stove?

Last edited:
I don't find any special instructions for changing the baffle when top-venting the woodstove, but that is for US models. Does this stove have a secondary combustion baffle in it?

The F3 is a good little stove. Burn dry wood and it will be a willing heater.